27 May 2019 - 15h00
The goal “zero carbon in Monaco in 2050” is more precise. Monaco Telecom adopts the “transition attitude” and this morning signs the National Energy Transition Pact.
It is a symbolic act. For Martin Peronnet, CEO of Monaco Telecom, the signing of this charter is accompanied firstly by an awareness of the environmental impact of the company, then actions to implement to reduce its carbon footprint . Hand in hand with the digital transition, the energy transition at Monaco Telecom is illustrated by the establishment of a fleet of 100% electric vehicles, the reduction of energy consumption of servers, the extinction of old technologies, such as the 2G “big energy consumer” for the benefit of new technologies and finally by the support of the citizens. “We can not be the future and the telecom museum at the same time”, said smiling Martin Péronnet shortly before the signing of the pact.
A transition that is progressing by leaps and bounds
And especially concerning the clean mobility. Marie-Pierre Gramaglia, Minister of Equipment, Environment and Urbanism, presented at the signing of the pact, delivered the latest figures on the evolution of the fleet of Monaco. Thus, today there are about 183 ecological vehicles in the Principality while in 2018 and at the same time, only 53 green cars were circulating in the streets of Monaco. “We are in the process of exceeding the 4.5% of ecological vehicles in the fleet,” said the Minister. Not to mention, the increase of 245% in the number of grants dedicated to green vehicles in the first quarter of 2019, compared to 2018 and the fifty or so electric bikes that benefited from the purchase premium. Another major advance is the deployment of 15 semi-rapid charging stations in the car park.
©Michael Alesi – Direction de la Communication
30 March 2020 - 15h06
In this period of health crisis, the home is not necessarily a safe place, especially for women who suffer domestic violence. Céline Cottalorda, technical advisor and interministerial delegate for the…Read more
29 March 2020 - 18h47
The Government announced in a press release published tonight that the health authorities had been informed on Sunday 29th March that three tests had turned out to be positive for…Read more